Last Updated: November 15, 2021
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Services may include:
- Information about you, such as your first and last name, age, hobbies and interests, email, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, respond to surveys, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the services.
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Services, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purses or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Services delivery. We use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Services;
- Process your payments and complete our transactions with you;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications; and
- Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services.
Marketing and advertising. We and our advertising partners may use personal information for the our marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct marketing. We or our advertising partners may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
How we Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
State registry. We may need to verify your medical marijuana card or other identification information with the state medical marijuana registry.
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, our business (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties or the public on or through our Services, that information can be seen, collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any use of such information by others.
Access to information. You may update or correct your information by accessing the account you have established with us on the Services.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: www.adsettings.google.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/settings/personalization
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to opt out of the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of such sharing, please use the sale opt out form noted above. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a request to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. In the subject line, please include the following language: “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least 30 days for a response.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following mailing address:
118 Washington Place,
New York, NY 10014