Today at 12 PM EST, 'Ted Williams Game-Worn Jersey' (1956) is set to IPO on Rally. The financials:
• Numbers on the Boards… Ted Williams is arguably the best to ever the play the game. At the time of his retirement, Williams ranked third in home runs, seventh in RBI's, seventh in batting average, and led the American League in home runs and RBI's 4 times each. His career batting average of .344 is the highest of any player who played his entire career in the live-ball era following 1920. It's been 60 years since he retired, and his career on-base percentage of .482 remains unbeaten to this day. The Greatest Hitter Who Ever Lived, indeed.
• Plaques on the Walls… Teddy Ballgame was an all-star in every non-military interrupted season after his rookie year, for a total of 19 All-Star game appearances. He won the American League MVP twice, was the six-time American League Batting champion, and won the Triple Crown twice.
• About those military interrupted seasons... this American hero served in both World War II and the Korean War as a member of the US Navy, then the Marines, and then as a Marine combat aviator. Add that to his first-ballot Hall of Fame career, and if you were feeling good about yourself this morning, don't compare yourself to Ted.
• Still feel good about your accomplishments?... Williams was also inducted into the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame, helped raise millions of dollars for cancer research through the Jimmy Fund, and was a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Absolute legend.
• $90,000 Market Cap… This is a unique offering, and there aren't many of these floating around, but we dug deep so you can make informed investment decisions, and found another recent comp - a 1952 Ted Williams road jersey sold for $90,000 in August 2018. This home jersey should be even more highly sought after. Also worth noting that Rally bought this asset for $80,000 on April 15, 2020.
• SMaaS… You guessed it, that's Sports Memorabilia as a Sector. There are 8 Sports Cards and Memorabilia assets currently in the Trading Window, and 3 that have Exited/Sold. The average return of these 11 assets? A blazing 50.5%! That leads all sectors on Rally. For context, Books are up 29.5%, Cars are up 12%, and Luxury Items are up 10%.
• It's already 55% funded… You read that correctly. Before this IPO even goes live, it's 55% funded by those with Early Access (Early Access is randomized for the time being...). Needless to say, if you want in on this IPO, you should be logged into the Rally app at 12 PM EST.
Disclaimer: You understand that by reading Altan Insights, you are not receiving financial advice. No content published here constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, transaction, or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You further understand that the author(s) are not advising you personally concerning the nature, potential, value or suitability of any particular security, transaction, or investment strategy. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether an investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal financial situation. Please speak with a financial advisor to understand if the risks inherent in trading are appropriate for you. Trade at your own risk.